Thursday, August 23, 2007

Introduction

Hi, my name is Tonya Whitfield and this blog is a requirement for IT 645 -- Computers in Education.

I am a 7th grade Language Arts teacher at Pearl River Central Middle School. Prior to this, I taught kindergarten at a private school in Slidell, Louisiana. I'm also a student at the University of Southern Mississippi, pursuing my Master's of Arts in Teaching. I took several online classes during my undergraduate work, and I am very familiar with most commonly used software. I'm not stranger to e-mail, discussion boards, and listservs either. I've kept a personal blog for several years now. The only thing preventing me from being even more familiar than I am with podcasting is the rural area where I live not having internet access faster than dial up available.

I expect to be introduced to a lot of new material for my classroom through this class, and I look forward to all of the new resources I will encounter.

1 comment:

Dr. wang said...

Tonya,

I am glad to know you and have you in my class. You will be very comfortable in this class because of your technology background. It is a pitty that you have only dial-up to access online materials. I understand how painful it is to wait for file downloading. Do you have any other place to go at least once a week so that you can view the video clips assign for that week?

You will miss a lot if you are unable to access these videos. Maybe you can come to the library on campus at the weekend. I hope that I can help. But ...

As for the audio part, you will be fine because those are MP3 files and very fast in downloading.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Dr. Wang